Blessed Pope John Paul II in his encyclical letter EVANGELIUM VITAE proposed that a Day for Life be celebrated each year, stating that: "The celebration of this day should be planned and carried out with the active participation of all sectors of the local Church. Its primary purpose should be to foster in individual consciences, in families, in the Church and in civil society a recognition of the meaning and value of human life at every stage and in every condition. “
In light of this proposal, all parishes and missions as well as associations and organizations shall observe October 01, 2017 as Life Sunday. This day will be a time of prayer specifically for those threatened by this culture of death, and let the culture of life be promoted through education and awareness, and a decision to be actively pro-life, acknowledging and defending the right to life etc. Here are some activities for the Life Sunday:
Please click on the following links to download files.
- Prayers for the Benediction on Life Sunday
- Karozutha prayer on LIfe Sunday
- Prayer for 4Life gathering
Life Sunday 2017
- Life Sunday Posters 2017
- Presentation for Life Sunday 2017
- Materials for CCD Classes
- USCCB Pamphlets for Life Sunday
- Other Resources for Life Sunday
Life Sunday 2016
- Posters for Life Sunday 2016
- Video for Life Sunday 2016: Youtube | Download
- PowerPoint Presentation for Life Sunday (2015)
- PowerPoint Presentation for Life Sunday (2014)
- Posters for Life Sunday-1
- Posters for Life Sunday-2
- 4Life Ministry Brochure
- Posters for exhibition (Download from google drive)
- Presentation on St. Gianna
- Joy of Life : Presentation on Pope Francis' teachings on Life
Here are some activities suggested for the Life Sunday:
• Adoration and Intercession
• 40 hour Adoration starting previous Friday evening ending Sunday morning.
• Rosary for life, procession to grotto if possible
• Show pro-life video and short movies like Tree of life.
• Poster exhibition, PowerPoint presentation,
• Debates and discussion on Life issues
• Decorating Holy Families picture in families
• Decorating Church and homes with Bible verses on value of Life
• Doing a Divine Mercy Chaplet immediately after/before Mass on Life Sunday
• Circulating leaflets or CDs or other prolife materials during Sunday.
• Having thematic presentations to build the culture of life: value of unborn life, contraception, NFP, need for more children, respecting and taking care of elders.
• Circulating our lady's or Holy family's statue duringWard prayers / family units.
• Organizing a Group study on Humanae Vitae and Evangelium Vitae.
• Appreciate people with more kids.
• Youth group and families could go visit abortion clinic and get involved in the activities of local pro-life groups.
• Distribution of pro-life books like “Unplanned”, “The Hand of God” etc.
• Raise money for local women’s center; Bake sale with the involvement of parish youth
• Poster exhibition on pro-life.
• Introduce Prolife Saints:
• Our Lady of Guadalupe - Patroness of the unborn
• St. Gianna Molla - Patroness of the unborn
• St. Elizabeth - Patroness of Pregnant women
• St. Maximilian Kolbe - Patron of the Pro-life Movement
• St. Joseph - Patron of Expectant Mothers
• St. Gerard Majella - Patron of the Pro- life Movement
• Blessed Miguel Pro - Patron of Catholic Pro-Life Action
• St. Faustina - Patron for women in distress & Crisis pregnancy centers